Monday, September 04, 2006

ஆஸ்திரேலிய நேயரின் விமர்சனம்




My mornings are made of this.

I mean the “Ninaithaale Inikkum” programme broadcast by the Suriyan FM.

It is from 2 am Indian time to about 5 am there. It is a comfortable 6 am to about 9 am my time here in Sydney Australia.

Highly nostalgic pleasure for Tamilians in their 40s age, like me.

The programme is originally meant for night shift workers, truck drivers etc of Chennai and suburbs.Superb selection of songs right from 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

I especially enjoy Yazh Sudhakar when he links the songs with the period in which it was popular and talks about those days.

It has the same superb nostalgic effect on the listener.

Sometimes my kids listening in, ask questions like “what is a gramophone” (their generation being that of CDs and DVDs).When writing this I am still listening to the programme.

- Braandan , Sydney

No comments: